Saturday, September 15, 2012

Highway Cleaning and Concession Stand

Cleaned highway, picked up trash :D
Today is a big day for me because this is my first community service in USA. I join HOSA (Health Occupation Students of America) Club in Smithfield Selma Senior High School. I started my day with cooking some eggs and chicken for breakfast this morning. Then, I went to Mrs. Deese house with Mama and Shah at 08.45 sharp. I was very excited because we would clean the highway near Mrs. Deese house. We wore an orange vest and gloves with a trash bag.

Shah, Intan, Ashley, Kate and Miles. Here we go! :)

We walked along the street and took trashes in the sides of street. It was so fun. There were 6 people who cleaning the highway. It was my first role in HOSA. I was so pleasure if I could do something useful for my host community. Actually I saw something different here. I thought the highway was clean enough rather than in Indonesia. But, many people still take care bout that. They want the highway is perfectly clean. I like that kind of habit. Hopefully, Indonesian will do the same thing. I believe there are many Indonesian who still care with our beloved country especially for cleanliness.

Shah, Katheline, Laura, Alex, Intan. We sold foods and drinks. :)
After cleaning the highway, we went to football field at school for having concession stand. I was pleasure to sell hotdog, popcorn, nachos, chips, candies, soda, water. Although I was tired but I didn't feel it. From this activities, I could meet many new people and I wanna get more and more friends. Helping each other is important. Wait for the next community service :)


No comments:

Post a Comment